Questions Every Client Should Ask
My answers, by the way, are in italics.
1. Are you available on the [insert your wedding date]
You can check my wedding photography availability here – Check Dates
2. Do you do any discounts for getting married in the off-peak season?
Yes – let’s chat in person about this so I know more about you and your wedding plans.
3. Are you insured?
4. Do you work from a shot list and will I be able to give you a list of specific shots we would like?
Oh heck YES! I Love group photographs. Just be careful that if you give me a list I will work to it, so a very long list will take away from the time I have to capture memories of you and your partner.
5. Do you shoot mostly in black and white or colour?
I always shoot in colour. I also give a complete set of my images in Colour AND Black & White.
6. Will you help me with my timeline for photos for the wedding day?
Yup. Think of me like a very organised bridesmaid/wedding planner.
7. What will we do if it rains?
All but one of my wedding photography collections include a pre-shoot. At the pre-wedding shoot, we go through a wet weather plan!
8. Do you work with a second photographer?
Not usually. All you end up with is twice the number of images of your guest laughing/drinking / eating etc. I can get one for the groom prep (and that’s about the only time I’d suggest paying a bit more.) For the ceremony, I use the technology already available to get shots from the front AND back at the same time.
9. Do you offer an engagement shoot as part of the package?
Yup, in all but one of them I do. In the Disc Only it’s an optional extra.
10. Do you allow guests to take photos while you are?
YES!!! I actively encourage guests to stand in a line with me! (No, seriously I do!). I organise the line and start at one end and work down it. All your guests who want photos can get them. You’re paying me for my photo’s, so why shouldn’t I let guests take photos??!!
11. Have you worked at our wedding venue before? If not, will you visit beforehand?
If I haven’t I WILL ALWAYS do a reconnaissance. I’m ex-Army. It’s what I do.
12. How would you describe your photography style?
I don’t have a style, I have several depending on what’s going on during the day. It ranges from Candid, Documentary, Fashion, Product etc. 99.999% of my clients like a bit of all of them during the wedding.
13. How do you make us feel relaxed in front of the camera?
That is what a pre-wedding shoot is for. To be honest I’ll flirt (in a totally outrageous manner) with anyone to get a smile and a relaxed photograph! If you are both nervous we can do a couple of pre-wedding sessions (location/time dependant.)
14. What information do you need from us before the wedding?
This will be in my Terms & Conditions, but things like names, date of the wedding, locations of weddings etc. I also like to blog so I’d like some extra info from you guys on how you met kind of thing.
Questions Every Bride Should Ask
15. What time will you arrive at the venue?
Bridal prep. Earliest start so far (10 years full time professional) is 5 am. That required I leave my house at 4 am so was up at 3 am!
16. Do we need to provide you with food?
I’d appreciate it. Sarnies are fine. I’ve been given a full three-course meal all the way to home-made sarnies. If you fancy getting a box of Jaffa Cakes also – I’d love that! 😉
17. What time will you stay until? I’m looking for coverage from bridal and groom prep to the first dance.
Usually about an hour after the First Dance. If it’s a local venue to me or I’m staying over the night then I’m not that bothered.
18. What is your backup plan if you can’t attend on the day?
To be honest I would have to be dead before I didn’t attend a wedding I’d been booked at. However, I work with 3 other photographers locally and have a network of a dozen or so nationally. If I am dead one of us will photograph your wedding. Promise.
19. Do you have backup equipment in case your equipment fails? Do you back up your files online just in case of a fire?
Lots of backup kits, multiple cameras/lens / flash units etc. Back at the office, everything is backed up multiple times. Final back up for finished work is backed up online.
20. Do you bring your own lighting?
Yes and lots of it.
21. Do you shoot natural light or artificial light? Or both?
Both. You can’t photograph winter weddings without artificial light!
22. What wedding packages do you offer and what are the prices and what’s included?
My wedding photography collections are here
23. Are there any additional charges that apply due to our venue location?
Nope. The price you see is the price you pay. Confirmed once you book regardless of how far in advance you book.
24. Will we receive digital copies of all images?
25. How many images will we receive from the wedding?
Minimum of 400 – 450
26. What rights do we get to the photos for personal use?
You can do what you like with them for personal use. Just don’t give or sell them to other wedding suppliers.
27. Will you use our images in any advertising?
I’d like to, but if you don’t want me to that’s ok. It’s not a deal breaker for me. I photograph military weddings/celebs / judges etc and sometimes they don’t want images all over the web.
28. Do you offer a printing and/or album service?
Yes. I have some gorgeous wedding albums!
29. Can I see pictures of what your album options look like?
Have a look at these wedding albums
Questions Every Bride Should Ask – Nearly There!
30. Do you do wall canvas photos as an option?
Yes – but you are better off (and it’s a lower cost) downloading the image you and sourcing the canvas yourself.
31. Can we create a bespoke package?
Off course you can.
32. How long will the pictures take to arrive?
Three (3) weeks from your wedding
33. What is your booking process?
This may sound arrogant. I want to meet you guys in person if possible or Skype. It’s my full-time job and I want to enjoy it as much as you want to enjoy your wedding. I like to know the people I’ll be working with, and if I don’t like you or you don’t like me then why should be work together? I’ll be with you for maybe 12+ hours so we have to get along!
34. How much is the deposit and when is this payable?
My Booking Fee is £250 and payable within 5 days of you confirming you would like to book.
35. What’s your cancellation policy?
It’s in my Terms & Conditions – Click Here
36. When will we need to make the final payment?
I’ll send out an invoice at the 8-week point, the 6-week point and the 4-week point. The final balance is due at the 4-week point. If you don’t pay the final invoice and I don’t hear from you I’ll send a weekly invoice and arrive at your wedding ready to work. If you don’t pay the final invoice then, I’m afraid I will take legal action for breach of contract. (Just let me know what is going on if you are having any kind of trouble etc.)
Want to Check Your Wedding date?
Just click this link for an online calendar of Andrew’s availability